The Gadigal/Wangal people of the Eora Nation are the Traditional Custodians of this land, which they have never ceded.
To that end, council should:
- Prioritise First Nations’ cultural heritage protection and visibility, starting with consultation with First Nations elders.
- Consult elders over marking the Frontier Wars in public places (including parks).
- Commit to mark, not celebrate, Invasion Day.
To promote initiatives against racism, council should:
- Support Asylum Seeker Resource Centre’ services.
- Assist vulnerable First Nations people and newl- arrived refugees access services, including housing and transport.